MIDDLESEX CENTRE COUNCIL AGENDA
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2018 5:30 PM
Middlesex Centre Municipal Office
The Municipal Council of the Municipality of Middlesex Centre will meet on December 19, 2018 at 5:30 pm.
1.0 CALL TO ORDER
Mayor DeViet to call the meeting to order at 5:30 pm.
2.0 DISCLOSURE OF PECUNIARY INTEREST
The Municipal Conflict of Interest Act requires any member of Council declaring a pecuniary interest and the general nature thereof, where the interest of a member of Council has not been disclosed by reason of the member’s absence from the meeting, to disclose the interest at the first open meeting attended by the member of Council and otherwise comply with the Act.
3.0 ADDITIONS TO THE AGENDA
4.0 PRESENTATION (5:30)
4.1 Marianne Love of ML Consulting to give a presentation to Council regarding the Market Adjustment Projection for 2019
5.0 ADOPTION OF THE MINUTES
R2018- THAT the minutes of the November 28, 2018, December 5, 2018 and December 12, 2018 meetings of Council be adopted as printed.
6.0 DELEGATIONS, PRESENTATIONS & PETITIONS
6.1 Upper Thames River Conservation Authority – Ian Wilcox
6.2 YMCA – Sofia Caldwell, Centre Manager for Middlesex Centre YMCA
6.3 Treasury Department Overview – Tiffany Farrell
6.4 Budget Overview
7.0 CONSENT AGENDA
Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and may require discussion but no action on the part of Council. Consent items are received in one motion. Council members may request that one or more item be removed for further action.
R2018- THAT the Council for the Municipality of Middlesex Centre receives the Consent Agenda items 7.1 through 7.2 as information.
7.1 BLD-18-2018 – November Building Report
7.2 CPS-42-2018 - Budget to Actual November 2018
8.1 BLD-19-2018 - Pre-Budget Approval of Electronic Building Permit Application Processes
R2018- THAT the amount of $13,000 be pre-approved for Building Division’s 2019 operating budget for the implementation of an electronic building permit application submission process.
8.2 CPS-43-2018 - Tax Adjustments under Section 357, 358 and 359 of the Municipal Act, 2001
R2018- THAT report CPS-43-2018 regarding tax adjustments made under Sections 357, 358 and 359 of the Municipal Act, 2001 be received; and
THAT taxes amounting to $15,748.04 be written off pursuant to the provisions of Section 357, 358 and 359 of the Municipal Act, 2001.
8.3 CPS-44-2018 - Cost of Living Adjustment 2019
R2018- THAT the Municipal wage grid be adjusted by a cost of living increase of 2% for 2019;
FURTHER THAT the cost of living adjustment receive pre-budget approval and applied to employee wages effective January 1, 2019.
9.0 PUBLIC MEETINGS
R2018- THAT Council move into Public Meeting at ________pm under Section 53 & 39 of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P13, as amended, to consider the following applications:
9.1.1 Planning Report PLA-70-2018
R2018- THAT the Zoning By-law Amendment application, filed by Zelinka Priamo on behalf of 1934553 Ontario Inc. in order to permit a contractor’s yard or shop on a lot for a period not to exceed three years on a property known municipally as 85 Queen street be denied.
9.2 ZBA-24-2018 – MCI Design Build Corp., Ilderton Pet Hospital, 125 King St.
9.2.1 Planning Report PLA-71-2018
R2018- THAT Zoning By-law Amendment ZBA 24 2018 for a property known municipally as 125 King Street to be rezoned from Urban Residential First Density (UR1) to Site Specific Village Commercial (C1-17) zone be approved.
9.3 B-15-18, B-16-18 and B-17-18, 2270942 Ontario Ltd., 10125 Oxbow Dr.
9.3.1 Planning Report PLA-72-2018
R2018- THAT Consent Application B-15-17/18, filed by GSP Group Inc. (Kevin Muir), on behalf of 2270942 Ontario Ltd. in order to create three new residential lots. Lot 1 is proposed to have a frontage of 12.19 with a lot area of 394 m². Lot 2 and 3 is proposed to have a lot frontage of approximately 12.19 metres (39.99 feet), with an area of approximately 390 m² (0.09 acres). The retained parcel is proposed to have an area of approximately 7.9 hectares (19.5 ac) with a frontage of approximately 204 metres (669 ft) along Oxbow Drive, for land that is legally described as Part of Lot 6, Concession 2 (geographic Township of Lobo), Municipality of Middlesex Centre; be GRANTED.
FURTHER THAT Consent B-15-17/18 be subject to the following conditions:
1. That the Certificate of Consent under Section 53(42) of the Planning Act shall be given within one year of the date of the notice of the decision. The request for the Certificate of Consent shall be accompanied by a written submission that details how each of the conditions of severance has been fulfilled.
2. That the fee for the Certificate of Consent be paid in accordance with the Municipality’s Fees and Charges By-law.
3. That a draft reference plan be prepared by an Ontario Land Surveyor for the purposes of facilitating the transaction of Consent B-15-17/18 and that this plan be approved by the Municipality prior to being deposited with the Land Registry Office.
4. That the Owners’ solicitor provide a Transfer in Preparation to the Municipality, together with a deposited reference plan and a Schedule describing the land to be transferred, for the purposes of the issuance of a Certificate of Consent.
5. That the Owners’ solicitor submit an undertaking in a form satisfactory to the Municipality to register an electronic transfer of title consistent with the Consent decision.
6. That any outstanding property taxes for the severed and retained lots of Consent B-15-17/18 be paid in full.
7. That the Owners enter into a Development Agreement with the Municipality, and that the Agreement be registered against the title of the subject land, to address among other matters: all financial, legal, planning and engineering matters including but not limited to payment of the Municipality’s engineering, legal and planning review costs, entrance locations and construction, road upgrades, use of tree protection fencing during construction, works within the road allowance, lot grading and drainage, building envelopes, connections to the municipal water supply, sanitary systems, as well as any road restoration associated with the development and the preparation of a homeowners’ information package, all to the satisfaction of the Municipality.
8. That the Development Agreement that the applicant enters into with the Municipality includes a submission of a lot grading plan for the severed lots being created, a final lot grading certificate upon completion of development and hard surfacing of driveways, as well as a security deposit. The lot-grading plan should indicate surface grading, building envelopes and elevations
9. That upon Condition 7 of Consent B-15-17/18 being satisfied, the severed lots of Consent B-15-17/18 shall be serviced with municipal water and sanitary services at the expense of the Owners and to the satisfaction of the Municipality. This condition is required to be completed prior to the Municipality issuing the certificate of consent.
10. That the Owner be required to upgrade Oxbow Drive fronting the severed lots to a full urban standard to the satisfaction of the Municipality at the expense of the Owner. This condition is required to be completed prior to the Municipality issuing the certificate of consent.
11. That the Owner be required to prepare a Functional Storm Water Management Report in support of the proposal to the satisfaction of the Municipality and the Conservation Authority.
12. That the Owners pay $3,000 cash-in-lieu of parkland dedication to the Municipality for the severed lots of Consent B-15-17/18.
13. That the Owner dedicate land up to 10 metres from the centerline of construction of Oxbow Drive along the severed and retained lots to the Municipality if the right-of-way is not already to that width. All costs associated with the conveyance shall be borne by the Owner.
14. That the Owner submit an application for a Zoning By-law Amendment, and that this be in full force and effect prior to issuing the certificate of consent.
AND FURTHER THAT the reasons for granting Consent application B-15-17/18 include:
• The proposal is consistent with the Provincial Policy Statement;
• The proposal conforms to the County of Middlesex Official Plan and the Middlesex Centre Official Plan; and
• Subject to the recommended conditions, the proposal complies with the Middlesex Centre Comprehensive Zoning By-law
R2018- That Council do now Close the Public Meeting and go back into the regular Council meeting.
10.0 NOTICE OF MOTION
R2018- THAT the Council for the Municipality of Middlesex Centre receives the Correspondence item 11.1 through to 11.4 as information.
11.1 Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing – Congratulatory Letter
11.2 ROMA – Call for Nominations to the Board of Directors Zone Representatives for 2019-2023
11.3 UTRCA - Minutes of October 23, 2018
11.4 AMO Policy Update - Ontario Government Releases New Environment Plan for Consultation
12.0 COUNTY COUNCIL UPDATE
13.0 OTHER BUSINESS
14.1 By-Law 2018-106- to Establish Various Fees and Charges for Services provided by the Municipality Of Middlesex Centre (Fee By-Law)
14.2 By-Law 2018-107 – to authorize the execution of a Lease Agreement between the Municipality of Middlesex Centre and Megan Crossan
14.3 By-Law 2018-108 - to authorize the execution of a Section 158 Agreement between 2536221 Ontario Inc. “Developer” and the Municipality of Middlesex Centre as the “Municipality” for the lands described in Schedule “A” of the Agreement
14.4 By-Law 2018-109 - to approve and ratify a Vacant Land Condominium Agreement between 2536221 Ontario Inc. “Developer” and The Municipality of Middlesex Centre as the “Municipality” for lands described in schedule “A” of the agreement
14.5 By-Law 2018-110 – to amend the Middlesex Centre Comprehensive Zoning By-Law 2005-005 with respect to Part of Lots 2 and 3, Plan 363, RP 33R15637 Parts 1 and 2 (Geographic Township of London), Roll number: 393903408021500
14.6 By-Law 2018-111 - to adopt and confirm all actions and proceedings of the Council of the Municipality of Middlesex Centre at the Council meeting held on December 12, 2018, December 17, 2018 and December 19, 2018
R2018- THAT By-Laws 2018-106 through to 2018-111 inclusive be approved passed and adopted.
15.0 CLOSED SESSION
R2018- THAT the Council for the Municipality of Middlesex Centre adjourns the December 19, 2018 Regular Council meeting at ___________ p.m.
The next Council meeting is Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 4:00 pm in the Council Chamber.